Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 23, Fried venison cubed steak and seared brussels sprouts

The other day I watched a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It was about two men were grossly obese and decided to juice and exercise. So I decided that I wanted to do some juicing. Now, if you have never priced juicers, but they are expensive. I was teetering between an omega and breville. The good ones range between $199 and $350. So I thought, well, what if I don't like juicing. That would be a lot of wasted money. So, This morning I realized I have a "Kitchen Selectives" hand blender, or as I like to call it "zapper.'
It works great for juicing. only thing is I didn't peel anything so it was kinda thick, so I added some pellegerino (mineral water) to thin it out. Oh, I did peel the banana. Heres what went in to my juice. couple hand fulls of spinach, squeezed tight and put in first. Then, quartered a whole tomato, half banana, about 1/8 tsp chopped garlic, splash of juice from jalapeno jar and chopped celery.




It took a little getting used to, but it was not so bad. And, it held for several hours.


Lunch was a quick Tuna salad, since we both had eye dr. appoints today.


Snack, Queen olives and hot tea.











dinner was fried venison, cubed steak, just a little salt and black pepper and deep fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side, lid on pan. I like cast iron, and drain. I also sauteed some brussels sprouts in olive oil, white pepper, sea salt and about tsp of rice vinegar. I forgot to say that i threw some slivered almonds on the sprouts once they were on the plate.































freska and pellegrino to drink. and I drank lots of water today.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, I did peel the banana. - dinner look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i forgot to say i threw on some silvered almonds at the last minutes on the sprouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I used crisco veg oil. only other thing i had was olive oil and it doesn't get hot enough

      Delete