Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 30, Mock Perlo Rice, Low Carb

boiling cauliflower till tender, not soft and pressure cooking pork back bone with meat about 45 minutes.

Zap cauliflower in food processor a couple times. it will be rice size.







When meat is done remove to plate and save broth. (for recipe with rice leave comment).

The bone should release from meat when you pick it up. Remove bone and separate meat with fork

put a little broth in bowl, add cauliflower and some meat and more broth to consistency you like. I like mine kinda soupy.

Add salt (not much) and black pepper to taste.
I usually salt things once I have them on my plate. I don't usually use a lot of  salt so I don't usually salt while I am cooking.


yOU Can do this with chicken, also.
ENJOY!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Excellent!!! Actually, tasted like the real thing.

      Delete
    2. cauliflower mash is a great sub for mashed potatos and no kidding.. is amazing, try it.

      Delete
    3. Hey Bill, How bout a recipe. Do you just do the same but with cauliflower?? Thanks for the great Idea. I am gonna make some meatloaf soon, and I love mashed potato's with meatloaf. And thanks for stopping by. LOve u.

      Delete
    4. mom, Matt has a great mashed cauliflower recipe. It's super easy too. And it taste just like mashed potatoes!

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Just go to my recipe page on my blog and you will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weblog right here! Additionally your web site a lot up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link in your host? I desire my site loaded up as fast as yours lol Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m wondering what is the driver for the high carb count on this? I’ve seen similar recipes with corn, and not quite the same level of carbs. Is it hidden in the seasonings perhaps? UpdateLand

    ReplyDelete