Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Grilled Salmon Salad

Mostly, I laid on the couch today. Long 4 days at work and very tiring. 

Tonight we grilled salmon. First make slits in the salmon cross ways. Not all the way through, just to before  you get to the skin. Make a slit about every inch. dash with garlic power, white pepper, lemon pepper and squeeze fresh lemon and lime and let sit for a couple hours, if you have time. For the asparagus I usually use the thinest ones I can find. But tonight I used fat ones (they were so good). Trim the ends off the asparagus (about 1-2 inches). Sprinkle with sea salt, white pepper and olive oil and coat. Get grill very hot, around 350-400. We used a flat flexible grilling basket. Spray it with pam (if you don't having a grilling basket, spray the grill with pam, but stand back, cause it will throw off flames).  Put salmon in one of basket and asparagus on other side (see pic). Grill skin side up for two minutes, turn and grill for 5 minutes with lid closed. Remove and let rest for 7 minutes. If you don't us a grill basket, when you remove the salmon, slide the spatula between salmon and skin and lift.
I had mine on a salad with home made dressing
three mandarin oranges, pinch sea salt, one strawberry, very small splash of rice vinegar and about 1 TBsp so olive oil. Blend with hand blender. makes enough for 1.

Romane lettuce, mandarin oranges, goat cheese, sliced strawberries, asparagus, salmon, drizzle dressing over salmon and salad, and enjoy










For snack in the afternoon I had 4 cookies, popcorn, mixed nuts and a beer.





Lunch was a delicious tuna salad


I did not eat breakfast, But I did have three cups of coffee over about 3 hours. It was so, so good.
Roll Tide!
Check out Jenn's Page @ www.peasandcrayons.com for What I Ate Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, you know I love salads, I just hate to make them.

      Delete