Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I ate Wednesday, Feb 22




Roll Tide
Ok, so I know I haven't posted in about a week. I eat a lot of the same thinks. And it really is quite a chore take pictures of every meal with preparations, especially when you work 12-16 hours a day, and out of town. So, unless I have something really fabulous to post I am gonna just post Wednesdays (that is my plan, anyway). I am not posting a pic for this week. I have not lost weight and have had an allergic reaction, So my face is red and swollen on one side (Not a pretty site). Although, I went on a kinda carb binge this week, for 2 days (pizza, m&m's, chocolate covered cookies, popcorn (although, corn is a veg), I have not gained any weight, either.

Breakfast this am was a delicious omelet with spinach sauteed in evoo, sea-salt, white pepper. Omelet, two eggs, spinach, extra sharp cheddar cheese and bacon. I fry my bacon like I fry french fries. that way you don't have to keep flipping the bacon. It cooks evenly, this way. I have blue cheese in the first picture, but did not use it.

 




























Lunch, chopped chicken salad lettuce wrap. I chopped one left over grilled chicken thigh, celery, grape tomato's, sliced, scallion, chopped, mayo, sea-salt and coarse black pepper, mix and plop in washed lettuce leaf's. Grab some water and enjoy.


Chopped grilled chicken salad lettuce wrap (next time I think  I will add grapes, walnuts and almonds).

Dinner will be left over beef bottom roast. I rubbed my roast with eevo, sea-salt, black pepper and garlic. Add about 1" of water. put lid on and cook at 400 degrees for about 1.5-2 hours. Internal temp of roast should be around 140 degrees. It will sear on the bottom of the roast. I cooked it for about 2 hours and it was a little over done, but still very good. I served left over "mock mashed potato's". Boil a whole head of cauliflower, mash, add as much real butter, sour cream, salt and black pepper as you want. Left over seared brussel sprouts, and broccoli with cheese sauce. (will try to update recipe page, soon)

left over mock mashed potato's, left over sauteed brussel sprouts, broccoli with cheese sauce (steamers).

I did not trim the fat
Enjoy

Peas & Crayons


7 comments:

  1. those omelets look really great! i need some bacon now i think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, it was really great. I love bacon. I used to hate cooking it till I saw someone at grill cook it this way a couple years ago. Now it is so easy. I cook the whole pack at one time, so I have some for several days and just heat in the microwave if called for. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sara. Bacon is amazing.. I'm about to eat some with my brussels sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to try my brussels sprouts with bacon. Isn't it crazy how we really never at brussels sprouts while ya'll were growing up, and now we wouldn't dream of not having some in the frig.

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love bacon. We started baking our bacon in the oven. mm so delicious! Any day with bacon is a great day. I love brussel sprouts too but my family won't eat them... maybe if I add bacon! haha Your chicken salad looks good too. I love adding grapes and walnuts to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You laugh, but my daughter does cook bacon in her brussels sprouts. she loves tehm that way. How do you bake your bacon? do you cover it? Do you have to flip i,t and at what temp, and how long? Thanks for dropping in. Billie

      Delete